Sunday 8 March 2015

What I have learnt? - Daniel


Learning to use Final Cut Pro


I have decided to take up the editing role in the group as I was the most familiar with Final cut out of everyone, as I also do film studies. Despite already knowing how to use it, I still managed to learn plenty new things in order to polish our sequence further.

I have greatly developed my ability to match cut which improved the overall flow of the sequence. We made sure to eliminate all continuity errors through change of edit or re-filming if necessary.

I was also taught how to blade by Rebecca. This allowed shots to flow quicker as it eliminated any redundant screen time. This helped us as it was often pointed out that some of our scenes dragged on for too long.


 Motion

Even though I was not in charge of the making of the titles, I was present throughout their making when Amy was doing them. Although my knowledge here may not be complex as in regarding Final cut, I have learnt some simple features of the program such as: customising font style, special effects, size, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment